Sunday, April 29, 2012

Soundgarden - Live to rise


So, I took Friday off work and went to see the new Avengers film - it was pretty good, entertaining at the very least. As the final titles started to roll, Live to rise started up so I decided to listen to it courtesy of Hoyts Cinema 5.1 surround sound system. The last new Soundgarden song, Black rain, sounded like a Badmotorfinger outtake because that's exactly what it was. Apart from the opening riff and Thayil crazed wah solo, this sounds like an Audioslave b side. And as a Soundgarden fan, I say fuck that. A while back I said I was happy that they had reformed to tour but was sceptical about talk of new recordings. Turns out my fears have been confirmed. Let it go lads, you have Badmotorfinger and Superunknown to peddle for the rest of your lives, don't sully your legacy...

--

No comments:

Post a Comment