Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Kate Nash broke England's mind...


Kate Nash has a new song Under-Estimate The Girl which has blown the minds of the English music press because it's a sloppy little rock number made by someone who normally makes shiny pop tunes. Read this slightly crazy NME article which says the song is simultaneously "one of the most punk records ever, and it's brilliant for it" and also "career suicide." I think everyone should calm down. It sounds ok to me and I can't really see what the fuss is about. But then, I own a couple of Bikini Kill records...

--

2 comments:

  1. Meh. Isn't she still in the Receders? didn't people mention Riot Grrrl with her 1st record? So, she's now singing off key? Is that it? Oh, there's a bit of distortion. How utterly radical. I think I'm underwhelmed by the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's a total over reaction but all the English sites I read have gone into melt down about it. There was a hint of riot grrrl on her first couple of albums for sure. I guess if singing off key is the new punk then I might get a band together...

    ReplyDelete