Friday, June 22, 2012

Song of the Day: Black Hell - Danzig



A couple of months ago I took a day off work and decided to watch some films a friend had lent me. It had been my plan to watch 13 Assassins but that didn't work so I thought I'd watch the Hangover 2 in spite of myself. My lord, is that film an piece of fucking shit - totally racist and a fucking disgrace (that's my movie review right there but I should have expected it). Anyhow the best part of the movie was the opening credits featuring this Danzig song. To be honest, I know very little about Danzig apart from some Misfits songs that were floating around when I was in high school and that song he wrote for Johnny Cash. Other than that, I don't know shit although I believe the rule of thumb is don't listen to anything after Danzig 3 (I don't know how I know this). Whatever, all I'm saying is Danzig is a hole in my musical knowledge but I like this song - I think it has captured an atmosphere of dread that is palpable. It sounds real, too bad I didn't act on it and turn that movie off earlier...

--

No comments:

Post a Comment