Saturday, July 23, 2011

A song a day: Bon Iver - Brackett, WI


There has been a lot of Bon Iver hate on my blog of late but I stand by my review of his new album - I find it appalling and the uncritical pandering of most music websites reveals more about music criticism today than I care to think about. With that in mind, I thought I'd mention my favourite Bon Iver song which is Brackett, WI. I must confess that even though I know the lyrics and sing along often, I have absolutely no idea what this song is about. Progress, death, relationships, axes - who knows but what I do know that as a mood piece it is brilliant. There is something mind altering about his vocals matched with the bass here and when the shimmering guitar enters towards the end - sheer bliss. I could listen to this song all day long over and over again - and I often do.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment