Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A song a day: Taylor Fucking Swift - You Belong With Me


Recently, I've been spending a lot of time in shopping malls preparing for a big trip I'm taking. Without fail, I will hear Taylor Fucking Swift sing this song at some point during the journey. I don't know if it's a pact with Satan or mall developers but this song is everywhere. It is so bland and inoffensive that I guess no one really minds if it's playing in the background while they buy new underwear. Maybe that's why I hate it so much because it's just a black hole of a song - I feel nothing when I hear it except annoyance that I hear it constantly. However, last night I went to my local corner supermarket and knew I was going to be ok because they don't play music there. Except there was a flute busker playing at the entrance to the carpark and yes, the sound of a flute version of You belong with me was being played. It's like he knew I was coming. Oh cruel fate...

May this be the last time I think of this song and I recommend not clicking on the link above...

--

No comments:

Post a Comment