Monday, August 8, 2011

A song a day: Future of the left - I am civil service


In the bitter wash up of Mclusky, the only shining light is how great Future of the left are. There is something unbridled and pure about their music - it attacks, swings and has a sense of humour and always burns with a righteousness anger. I'm not sure who I am civil service is aimed at as it is so personal but it's clear lead singer Andy "Falco" Falkous isn't happy:

If I must play a part in this mess
There are things that I have to know
If I eat what I fuck and I fuck what I eat
Am I worthy?


The song hits a final brutality when falco sings "How does it feel?" leading to these lines:
How does it feel to listen to this song
To wrap your mind around it
To let your senses down


Then announcing he is merely delivering a civil service announcement for the person who has pissed him off. He might not be happy but it's a cracking tune.

--

--

No comments:

Post a Comment