Friday, August 19, 2011

A song a day: Trail of Dead - How near how far


I don't know what the hell happened to this band. Source tags and Codes came out and it was everywhere. I saw them supporting Mogwai and it was one of the thrilling live shows I've ever seen. Then they released another album that sucked and they just seemed to disappear into the ether. I bought their most recent record but I'm yet to make it all the way through, my enthusiasm is not what it should be. However, for that brief moment they were an incredible band who produced one great record. How I love this song, the build and release, the drumming and the great guitar lines. Better still is the return after the break down at about 2:20 where they sing 'how near, how far, how lost they are' in a slowly building rage. Great songs are made of moments such as this.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment