Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A song a day: Nine Inch Nails - 1,000,000


Everyone has an opinion about Trent Reznor and I think that's because his music divides people. Some people love it and some people hate it - there doesn't seem to be much middle ground. I saw him once in the crowd at a festival in the 90's. He'd come out to watch Tool and seemed pretty happy until some punters noticed him and stopped to say hello. He disappeared pretty quickly but the two things I remember is that he was shorter than me (and I'm pretty much a hobbit) and he has one of the most angular noses I've ever seen. Seriously, the videos and photos do no justice to that thing, side on it looks like it could open cans. Anyhow, I like a lot of Nine Inch Nails because it is a) self indulgent, b) moody, and c) often rockin'. 1,000,000 came off the giveaway The Slip record and I like it because I always find Nine Inch Nails at their best when they're stripped back. I think the leaner the band, the tauter the music and there isn't an inch of fat or mercy in this song.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment