Friday, January 14, 2011

Best real-fake band 3: The Blues Brothers


The Blues Brothers: When I was a kid I must have watched this film about 100 times after I taped it off the TV. I think I was really into the car chases but what the Blues Brothers band actually gave me was a deep appreciation of Chicago blues (when I was learning to play guitar in my teens I was equally obsessed with blues records as I was with metal ones). Who could not love a band with John Belushi in it? Who could not love the Blues Brothers as they hang out with James Brown, Cab Calloway, Aretha Franklin and Ray Charles (John Lee Hooker makes an appearance too). I love this film so much that I'm almost willing to forgive Dan Aykroyd for making a sequel 20 years later which was the cinematic equivalent of digging up your deceased grandmother and asking her to pole dance for you. I said almost.

*Sorry for the shit video, but all the youtube Blues Brothers clips are terrible or copyrighted.
--

No comments:

Post a Comment