Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The vagaries of Last FM


I go to the gym a few times a week. I'm not proud of it but as the middle aged spread attacks from all fronts, my vanity has kicked in. As such, I have an ipod shuffle dedicated to metal, punk and all things up to get me through the excruciating pain and embarrassment of pumping iron. Of late, I've been really getting into Metallica as my background music because it creates the correct dosage of sonic adrenalin to drag my sorry carcass from standstill to exercise.

The only problem is that I have a last.fm account that logs everything I listen to in a week. More often than not I find that my gym ipod (or deathpod as I refer to it) only sporadically uploads my listens to last.fm and my listen count is skewed when it finally uploads all the listens in one batch. Did I listen to Metallica 172 times last week? I don't bloody think so... although I do get pretty delirious when I'm exercising so maybe I did...

Anyhow, as I often use my deathpod to listen to when I go back and forth to work, I'm starting to think my last.fm charts are making me look like a steroid abusing metal freak. Not that there's anything wrong with that but seriously, I really didn't listen to King Nothing 60 times in one week...

Seriously... or doth he protest too much?

--

No comments:

Post a Comment